Look no further than this incredible evening from pop-up restaurant Sabor Colombiano (Taste of Colombia) at Spike Island Café. You will tuck into a deliciously authentic, traditional five course Colombian dinner – full menu below – but you'll be whisked away on an immersive adventure to the far-off land of Colombia. The tradition and history behind the dishes in your dinner will be explained and accompanied by traditional Latin American music, and you'll further discover Colombia via a display of photographs entitled 'Detrás de la Mascara' (Behind the Mask).
So, what's on the menu?
- Arepas de Maiz: yellow corn pancakes with hogao, chimichurri and guacamole sauce
- Sancocho: soup of platano, yam, potatoes, capers and cream
- Arroz Morado: coconut and beetroot rice with salty vegetables
- Pollo en salsa de Mango: crispy chicken with sweet and sour guayaba dressing (if you'd like a vegetarian option please email email@example.com as soon as you've booked and let the chefs know!)
- Postre de Arequipe: banana ice cream with cocadas and arequipe (caramel sauce)
Remember, if you'd like a vegetarian main course, email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you've booked!
Guests will eat at sociable tables, sharing in an engaging experience and traversing cultural barriers together.
Price: £ 33 and glass of wine included
Max 30 people